Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions that our customers ask us about when they want to buy beats online at BeatsByWoo.com.
This FAQ applies to all hip hop beats for sale, pop beats for sale, rap beats for sale, r&b beats for sale, and dance beats for sale.
Simply locate the question you have below, click on it, and the answer will be immediately shown. If you don’t see any of your questions answered here, please contact us directly.
The process for buying a beat is pretty simple. First, you’ll find the beat you want to buy in the player. Once you’ve found the beat you want to buy, click the “+” to the right of the beat. You’ll see the following two options to choose from:
Non-Exclusive (MP3) – $19.95
Non-Exclusive (Wav) – $39.95
Click on one of the options above, and click “Buy Now”. From here, you have the choice to pay via credit card or paypal. Choose one and follow the instructions. After payment, you will see a download link and license agreement link. You are able to use the beats immediately. We will also email you the links so you will always have access to it in the future.
No, you don’t need a paypal account. You can still pay with a debit or credit card.
No. All of the instrumental beats for sale are original, so you don’t have to worry about clearing any samples.
Yes, there is a 60 day money back guarantee.
Yes. Upon completion of payment, you will receive a download link to your email immediately.
Yes. If the beat is bought exclusively, the beat will be removed from the website.
No. If the beat is bought non-exclusively, the beat will remain on the website and can still be bought by others. Please read the question addressing how it works when the same beat is bought by multiple people.
Yes, we do sell exclusive beats. The price varies. If you are interested, please contact us directly.
If two different people buy the same beat, they can still each copyright their own song they make with that beat, and sell, distribute, perform and broadcast that song, keeping all their own royalties.
When you buy beats from BeatsbyWoo.com, the copyright for that beat alone still belongs to BeatsbyWoo.com. However, the copyright for the song that you make with that beat, your lyrics combined with that beat, belongs to you. And with the rights granted to you by the BeatsbyWoo.com license agreement, you are allowed to sell, distribute, perform and broadcast (TV, radio, Internet) that song, keeping all of the royalties.
A Non-Exclusive (MP3) beat is purchased at a lower price with the freedom to use worldwide and sell up to $2,000 units, broadcast on the radio up to 2 different times, and earn up to $2,000 publicly performing the song they create with the BeatsByWoo.com music.
Non-Exclusive License Agreement
THIS AGREEMENT, made and entered into on the %MFS_ORDER_DATE% serves as a legally binding contract between BeatsByWoo.com and %MFS_CLIENT_NAME% (“Licensee”). This agreement grants the Licensee non-exclusive rights to the instrumental named “%MFS_BEAT_NAME%” (“Instrumental”) – Produced by Laurence “Woo” Allen. BeatsByWoo.com and Licensee agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The term of this non-exclusive license agreement is granted for the length of the copyright term (the author’s life, plus additional 70 years after the author’s death).
- Licensee shall have the worldwide, non-exclusive right to sell up to 2,000 units, broadcast on the radio up to 2 different times, and earn up to $2,000 publicly performing the song they create with the BeatsByWoo.com music. Selling more than 2,000 copies means you must acquire a new lease or exclusive rights. Licensee may also use the song they create with the BeatsByWoo.com music in any non-profit projects. The BeatsByWoo.com music must be combined with other audio (with lyrics) and not just the instrumental alone.
- In the event that another party buys exclusive rights to the BeatsByWoo.com music that the Licensee has leased, the Licensee’s rights shall stand and the BeatsByWoo.com music is still for the use of the Licensee. The Licensee may also acquire new leasing rights if the Licensee sells more than 2,000 copies since this agreement predates the exclusive sale.
- SPECIAL USES: TV, Movies, Commercials, Websites
- Charity Organizations: Licensee can use the song for free, but must give full credit to Laurence Woo Allen
- Student projects for school/college: Licensee can use song for free, but must give full credit to Laurence Woo Allen.
- Commercials, In-house, company publications: for publications with less than 50,000 viewers, Licensee must obtain exclusive rights. Terms are to be discussed for larger publications.
- Websites (less than 100,000 monthly hits): this non-exclusive license agreement will suffice.
- Websites (more than 100,000 monthly hits): Licensee must obtain exclusive rights.
- TV/Movie: terms are to be discussed.
- Licensee agrees to pay BeatsByWoo.com the one time license fee. No royalties will ever be owed unless a new lease or exclusive rights is required as such conditions are met in #2 (i.e. selling more than 2,000 units and/or making more than $2,000 publicly performing the song) and/or #4 (i.e. special uses such as TV, Commercials, Publications and Websites that receive more than 100,000 monthly hits).
- In all Projects in which the BeatsByWoo.com music is used, Licensee shall give credit in substantially one of the following formats:
“Produced by Laurence Woo Allen”
“Beat by Laurence Woo Allen”
“Original Music by Laurence Woo Allen”
- Licensee agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold BeatsByWoo.com harmless from any and all actions, causes of action, claims, demands, costs, liabilities, expenses and damages (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with any claim that the Tracks furnished by under this License constitutes an infringement of any confidential information, trade secret, patent, copyright, trademark, trade name, or other legal right of any third party. Unauthorized use or duplication is a violation of this agreement and of applicable laws of the United States and other countries. Any infringement of copyright will be pursued to the fullest extent of the law.
The term of this non-exclusive license agreement is granted for the length of the copyright term (the author’s life, plus additional 70 years after the author’s death).
Your customized Non-Exclusive Agreement will be emailed to you immediately. You are able to use the beat purchased immediately. You can see a sample of the Non-Exclusive License Agreement HERE.
Yes, you can change up the beat as much as you want as long as you still give full production credit to Laurence Woo Allen.
If a beat does not have a WAV or Tracked Out version available, this only means that those audio files for that have not been prepared and uploaded yet. We are currently working to prepare and upload as many WAV and Tracked Out files as we can.
We currently don’t offer tracked out versions for our beats, but we will in the future. Here is some information about tracked out audio files.
Tracked out audio files, also called stems, are sub mixes of an instrumental. For example, an instrumental might have the four stems: Bass, Beat, Percussion, and Instruments. The Bass stem being the bass; the Beat stem being the kick and the snare; The Percussion stem being the hi-hats, shakers, and crash cymbals; and the Instruments stem being the strings, organs, and synths. All of these stems are the full duration of the instrumental and can be layered together to recreate the stereo mix of the original instrumental.
The reason for stems is that they allow for more precise fine tuning while mixing a song. For example, one can adjust the gain on the Bass without affecting the low end of the Cellos. Or you can mold the cymbals around the vocals without affecting the punch of the snare. Although BeatsbyWoo.com beats come already professionally mixed, depending on the particular artist’s vocals or the sound of the rest of their album, adjustments may want to be made in mastering. With stems these adjustments can be made much more accurately and easily.
|MP3 file||WAV file||Tracked Out|
|Audio Quality:||MP3 quality
(16 bit, 44.1 kHz)
(24 bit, 44.1 kHz)
|Your Downloadable Files:||The MP3 audio file of your beat, and your personalized MP3 License Agreement||The WAV audio file of your beat, and your personalized WAV License Agreement||The WAV audio file of your beat (mixed as well as tracked out), and your personalized Tracked Out License Agreement|
|Number of Units (CDs, Mixtapes, iTunes) You Can Sell:||2,000 sales||5,000 sales||Unlimited|
|Number of Times You Can Broadcast Your Song on the Radio:||2 times||5 times||Unlimited|
|Allowed Total Earnings From Performing Your Song Publicly:||$2,000||$5,000||Unlimited|
|Number of times you can synchronize your song with visual media (movies, TV, video games) in for-profit projects:||2 different projects||5 different projects||Unlimited|
|Number of times you can use your song in YouTube videos or other non-profit projects:||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|The Licensed Rights are Granted for Life||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|100% Royalty-free (No royalties will ever be owed)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Please refer to the Non-Exclusive Agreement section titled: SPECIAL USES: TV, Movies, Commercials, Websites
a. Charity Organizations: Licensee can use the song for free, but must give full credit to Laurence Woo Allen
b. Student projects for school/college: Licensee can use song for free, but must give full credit to Laurence Woo Allen.
c. Commercials, In-house, company publications: for publications with less than 50,000 viewers, Licensee must obtain exclusive rights. Terms are to be discussed for larger publications.
d. Websites (less than 100,000 monthly hits): this non-exclusive license agreement will suffice.
e. Websites (more than 100,000 monthly hits): Licensee must obtain exclusive rights.
f. TV/Movie: terms are to be discussed.
In all Projects in which the BeatsByWoo.com music is used, Licensee shall give credit in substantially one of the following formats:
“Produced by Laurence Woo Allen”
“Beat by Laurence Woo Allen”
“Original Music by Laurence Woo Allen”