Non-Exclusive License Agreement?
Non-Exclusive License Agreement
THIS AGREEMENT, made and entered into on the %MFS_ORDER_DATE% serves as a legally binding contract between BeatsByWoo.com and %MFS_CLIENT_NAME% (“Licensee”). This agreement grants the Licensee non-exclusive rights to the instrumental named “%MFS_BEAT_NAME%” (“Instrumental”) – Produced by Laurence “Woo” Allen. BeatsByWoo.com and Licensee agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The term of this non-exclusive license agreement is granted for the length of the copyright term (the author’s life, plus additional 70 years after the author’s death).
- Licensee shall have the worldwide, non-exclusive right to sell up to 2,000 units, broadcast on the radio up to 2 different times, and earn up to $2,000 publicly performing the song they create with the BeatsByWoo.com music. Selling more than 2,000 copies means you must acquire a new lease or exclusive rights. Licensee may also use the song they create with the BeatsByWoo.com music in any non-profit projects. The BeatsByWoo.com music must be combined with other audio (with lyrics) and not just the instrumental alone.
- In the event that another party buys exclusive rights to the BeatsByWoo.com music that the Licensee has leased, the Licensee’s rights shall stand and the BeatsByWoo.com music is still for the use of the Licensee. The Licensee may also acquire new leasing rights if the Licensee sells more than 2,000 copies since this agreement predates the exclusive sale.
- SPECIAL USES: TV, Movies, Commercials, Websites
- Charity Organizations: Licensee can use the song for free, but must give full credit to Laurence Woo Allen
- Student projects for school/college: Licensee can use song for free, but must give full credit to Laurence Woo Allen.
- Commercials, In-house, company publications: for publications with less than 50,000 viewers, Licensee must obtain exclusive rights. Terms are to be discussed for larger publications.
- Websites (less than 100,000 monthly hits): this non-exclusive license agreement will suffice.
- Websites (more than 100,000 monthly hits): Licensee must obtain exclusive rights.
- TV/Movie: terms are to be discussed.
- Licensee agrees to pay BeatsByWoo.com the one time license fee. No royalties will ever be owed unless a new lease or exclusive rights is required as such conditions are met in #2 (i.e. selling more than 2,000 units and/or making more than $2,000 publicly performing the song) and/or #4 (i.e. special uses such as TV, Commercials, Publications and Websites that receive more than 100,000 monthly hits).
- In all Projects in which the BeatsByWoo.com music is used, Licensee shall give credit in substantially one of the following formats:
“Produced by Laurence Woo Allen”
“Beat by Laurence Woo Allen”
“Original Music by Laurence Woo Allen”
- Licensee agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold BeatsByWoo.com harmless from any and all actions, causes of action, claims, demands, costs, liabilities, expenses and damages (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with any claim that the Tracks furnished by under this License constitutes an infringement of any confidential information, trade secret, patent, copyright, trademark, trade name, or other legal right of any third party. Unauthorized use or duplication is a violation of this agreement and of applicable laws of the United States and other countries. Any infringement of copyright will be pursued to the fullest extent of the law.